Season of Giving
Support Communities in Need at a Live Event
Give the gift of your time (and have fun doing it!) this holiday season at the Rise Against Hunger meal packaging event. Volunteer to help package nutritionally balanced meals that are sent directly to areas of greatest need, globally.
The goal this year is to package 10,000 (yep, you read that right!) meals in two hours, in Gladstone’s very own conference rooms and lobby. With 30–50 volunteers, we should be able to hit that goal with time to spare! Join this action-packed event and be ready to hear a gong ring after every 1,000 meals packaged!
If you’d like to volunteer, here are some things you might want to know:
- It will be a lively experience where you’ll help package meals in an assembly line fashion.
- Shifts are available if you can’t stay the whole time.
- In case you have food sensitivities—meal ingredients include dehydrated soy flakes, and dehydrated vegetables including carrots, celery, onion, red bell pepper, cabbage, and tomato.
- You’ll need to wear a hair net or ball cap during the event. We will have hair nets at the event, but bring your Gladstone hats if you have one!
- Your hands will be the last to touch these meals before they arrive in the global communities where they’re needed most. Once the area of greatest need is determined, you will receive an email with details on where the meals you packaged were delivered.
About Rise Against Hunger
Rise Against Hunger is growing a global movement to end hunger by empowering communities, nourishing lives, and responding to emergencies.
Other Ways to Give during Gladstone’s Season of Giving
DatesNovember 10, 2022
LocationLobby and 107 C/D
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Gladstone, we are committed to providing events and professional development activities that resonate with our community’s diverse members. Our goal is to develop creative programming that encompasses a wide variety of ideas and perspectives to inspire, educate, and engage with everyone within our walls.
We want to effect positive change through our events and activities by providing a platform for discussions on important topics related to increasing diversity and inclusiveness in the sciences.