As of September 26, 2022, Gladstone is operating at level Green status.
If you’re visiting Gladstone as a non-badged guest or vendor, you’ll need to complete the online attestation form below each day upon entering the building. Although optional, you are strongly encouraged to test within 24 hours prior to entry and to wear a KF94 mask. Masks and tests can be provided upon request.
By completing the attestation form, you confirm that:
- You are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- You have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
- You were not exposed to COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
- You will wear a KF94/KN95/N95 mask if you cannot show proof of being vaccinated for COVID-19 (completed the initial series plus at least one mRNA booster) to your host or the front desk security guard.
Note: Deliveries and pickups should be limited to designated lobby access only and should take no longer than 30 minutes.
Operating Level Green Information
Gladstone is currently operating at level Green status, subject to change in the event of a COVID-19 surge.
Gladstone Institutes has taken extensive precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our facility. To ensure compliance with the latest local public health orders, we’re providing you with a summary of actions we have taken.
Gladstone Is Operating Fully with the Following Restrictions
- By coming to the building, you attest that you've evaluated yourself and have no symptoms of COVID-19 and you agree to follow all COVID-19 guidelines and protocols.
- Face masks (KF94/KN95/N95—preferred) are encouraged and optional if you're fully vaccinated (the initial series plus at least one booster). If you're not fully vaccinated, you must wear a well-fitting KF94/KN95/N95 mask indoors. Employees must wear KN95/N95/KF94 masks if they have been exposed within the past 10 days, have tested positive within the past 10 days, or are not fully vaccinated (the initial series plus at least one booster).
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated (the initial series plus at least one booster).
- Guests must attest to not having any COVID-19 symptoms, not having been exposed, and not having tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 10 days. Guests must wear a KF94/KN95/N95 mask if they cannot show proof of being fully vaccinated (completed initial series plus at least one mRNA booster, as soon as eligible).
- Weekly, asymptomatic testing is now optional, though still strongly encouraged, for employees and visitors alike.
- Asymptomatic testing is required for multi-day and large events with more than 100 participants. Event capacity limits have been lifted.
- Tests and masks are provided.
- Exterior doors remain locked. People in high-risk groups are encouraged to work from home.
- Conference rooms and procedure rooms can be utilized at full capacity with safety guidelines. Hybrid (in-person and virtual) meetings are encouraged.
- Restrictions are in place for international travel.
If you have any symptoms or test positive, leave the facility, quarantine at home, speak to your primary care provider and your employer. If you’ve been in the facility previously, reach out to John Peck in People Services.
After you click "Submit", you will see an onscreen confirmation message. You will also receive a confirmation email within 1 minute. Present your confirmation message to the Front Desk Security Guard.
If you do not see a confirmation email, the self-attestation form has NOT been submitted. If you experience any issues, you can contact our webmaster Thomas Becher.
If you have questions about this protocol, you can contact either:
John Peck 415.699.4123
Vince McGovern 650.228.8001