The Ogawa-Yamanaka Stem Cell Prize is awarded with an unrestricted cash prize of $150,000. The prize may be equally shared by multiple awardees.
Nominations for the 2022 prize will be open from February 1 to March 31, 2022.
- Independent investigator in stem cell biology or regenerative medicine
- Nominee does not have to be a United States citizen.
- Nominee does not have to work in the United States.
- Must be available to attend the award ceremony on November 17, 2022, at Gladstone Institutes in San Francisco, California, and present their research.
- Current members of the selection committee are not eligible for the prize.
George Daley, MD, PhD
Dean, Harvard Medical School
Hideyuki Okano, MD, PhD
Dean of the School of Medicine, Keio University
Deepak Srivastava, MD
President of Gladstone Institutes and Director of the Roddenberry Stem Cell Center at Gladstone
Lorenz Studer, MD
Director of the Center for Stem Cell Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Fiona Watt, FRS, FMedSci
Director, Centre for Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine, King’s College London
Shinya Yamanaka, MD, PhD
Senior investigator, Gladstone Institutes
Director of the Center for iPS Cell Research and Application, Kyoto University
The selection committee is appointed by Shinya Yamanaka, MD, PhD, and Deepak Srivastava, MD, of Gladstone Institutes.