Leandro Lima, PhD
This is the second part of the Unix Command Line workshop. We plan to cover more advanced commands, so it’s important that you are already familiar with the terminal or working with data analysis. If you know the basics of R or Python, that’s even better.
The topics to be covered are:
- Working with text files (cut, head, tail, split, column, sort, uniq)
- Compression/decompression (tar, gzip, zcat, zless)
- One-liners with grep, awk, perl
- How to create a simple script in Bash
- A brief introduction to Vi text editor (if we have time)
The Gladstone Data Science Training Program was started in 2018 to provide trainees with learning opportunities and hands-on workshops to improve their skills in bioinformatics and computational analysis. This program offers a series of workshops throughout the year to enable trainees to gain new skills and get support with their questions and data.