This course is a complement to “Introduction to Network Biology and Cytoscape” offered in October 2019. Following a brief review of the key concepts of network analysis, you will embark on a deep-dive into data visualization and advanced Cytoscape features. You will work through three prepared use-cases demonstrating various omics data types and strategies, and have a chance to apply what you learn to your own data.
By the end of this course you will:
- Know when and how to use Cytoscape in your research
- Be able to handle multiple data types in Cytoscape
- Know how to transform and merge network data from multiple sources
- Master customized data visualization
- Be able to navigate the greater Cytoscape ecosystem
Prerequisites: You should already be familiar with Cytoscape and the fundamentals of network analysis (see prior course).
Bring a laptop with the latest version of Cytoscape installed.
The Gladstone Data Science Training Program was started in 2018 to provide trainees with learning opportunities and hands-on workshops to improve their skills in bioinformatics and computational analysis. This program offers a series of workshops throughout the year to enable trainees to gain new skills and get support with their questions and data.