English as a Second Language Course
Do you have to repeat everything you say in English? Do you have difficulty understanding others when they speak?
Join the next course on “Clear Speech” starting in April.
In this course, you will:
- Learn the “music” of English—the rhythm, stress, and intonation
- Improve your understanding and your speech clarity
- Review grammar points as needed
- Observe your facial expressions in a mirror
- Learn North American culture
Wednesdays • 4–6pm • Room 264 A/B
April 17, 24; May 1, 8, 29; June 5
Register by Friday, March 22, 2019, at 12pm
Email Linda Mahley, ESL instructor, to register.
You must attend a test session to ensure accurate placement.
Thursday, March 28, 2019 • 4pm • Room 264 A/B
Contact Linda Mahley, ESL instructor, to schedule an appointment.
- Gladstone’s 6-week ESL course offer a safe learning environment for adults wishing to improve their English language skills.
- Classes are held 1 day per week, and students meet for 2 hours of interactive instruction.
- Courses are open to Gladstone graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, researchers, and employees.
- Spouses/partners and UCSF students are also welcome, if space allows.
- Enrollment is limited to 12 students per class.
- Registered students must pay for their textbook and supplies (fee: $35)
- Tuition is free for members of the Gladstone community and spouses/partners. A tuition fee of $60 is charged for non-Gladstone participants.
Linda Mahley started teaching ESL courses at Gladstone in 1998. Over the years, she has helped nearly 300 students of 30 different languages improve their English reading, writing, and speaking skills.