Based in San Francisco’s Mission Bay neighborhood, the Gladstone Institutes is an independent state-of-the-art biomedical research institution that empowers its world-class scientists to find new pathways to cures.
At Gladstone, over 350 scientists and trainees use visionary science and technology in cardiovascular biology, immunology, neuroscience, and stem cell biology to overcome unsolved diseases. They are supported by cutting edge core facilities and essential administrative partners.
Unified by a common vision, everyone at Gladstone believes that the best discoveries will come from bringing diverse thoughts, approaches, and people together to tackle scientific challenges in creative ways.
The Gladstone Institutes believes that life science research provides the most effective solutions to overcome major unsolved diseases and enables society to address health-related humanitarian issues worldwide.
The Gladstone Institutes uses visionary science and technology to overcome major unsolved diseases.
GLADSTONE IN NUMBERS
- 28 faculty/investigators (including the three staff research investigators/visiting investigators)
- 104 postdoctoral scholars
- 45 graduate students
- 104 administration and support staff
- 172 scientific staff
- 453 TOTAL
After their Gladstone training, postdoctoral scholars (since 2012) have moved on to:
- 35% to academia (tenured and non-tenured faculty positions)
- 26% to industry
- 8% to science-related professions (including policy and business development)
- 31% other (government, non-science related, further studies)
- 25 laboratories
- 8 core facilities and 1 technology center
- 560 publications in the top scientific journals pertinent to biomedical research (from Jan. 1, 2014 to Oct. 1, 2017)